Thursday, February 12, 2009

We are what we think we are! Another Oprah piece of crap-OLD NEWS

I read the book The Secret, before I knew what it was about. It sounded good. A little misleading in some ways, and for a Christian, plain evil (there is a theory why), but if you are not a Christan, it speaks some good points about "consciousness" and Quantum Physics.

After reading (actually listening to the Audio Book, on a long trip alone) to the Secret, I studied up on how each religion has these theories. The Secret used ALL religions in the book, to make it seem okay,and I guess if you are not loyal to ONE particular religion, it is.( Christianity teaches that Jesus said "either you are FOR ME, or against me")
Many people, no matter what religion they are apply certain points of the book, and some of the same lessons.This is what they are. Think positive, positive things happen (science describes this as law of attraction), "give without ever expecting anything in return" (I don't remember the Secret talking too much about this now that I think about it, it appealed more to our selfish side of "getting") and obedience, and discipline.(The Secret mentions NOTHING OF THOSE)
Here are some of my favorite quotes that I found along the way of my research.

"That Consciousness is everything and that all things begin with a thought. We are responsible for our own fate, we reap what we sow, we get what we give, and we pull in what we put out.These things I know for sure." - Madonna (who is Jewish, well, if you call it that. Kaballah is a part of the Jewish religion. My friend Mordecai can help me more with that)
"We become what we think about all day long"- Ralph Waldo Emerson

NOW THIS ONE IS VERY IMPORTANT, and I will use it in my next post!
"If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way". -Buddha ( this actually DOES tie together)
"We are Shaped by our thoughts,we become what we think about all day"-Buddha
"The thought manifests as the word;The word manifests as the deed;The deed develops into habit;And habit hardens into character;So watch the thought and its ways with care,And let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings…As the shadow follows the body,As we think, so we become." Buddha,Dhammapada

"Be Yourself Beautiful, and you will find the world full of beauty" Muslim quote
"So evil must be cut off at it's root,which is when it is simply a thought that crosses the mind, from which all the other things follow on-Imam abu Hamid al-Ghaszzali

And last but personally not least,here are some Christian quotes about positive thinking and Faith:

Doubt springs from the mind. Faith is the daughter of the soul. -- J. Pete Senn

The problem that I had was that The Secret tells you to "think things into existence" and we as Christians,we believe that if you have Faith and it is God's will, you will have your hearts desires. My problem with the Secret, was that there was no deciphering good vs. evil, just selfishness. Nothing is wrong with money(it's GREED that is bad),love,and tangible items. Nothing is wrong with wanting a family, happiness and nice things. But, when there is no faith,accept in yourself, and self-seeking pleasure without self-sacrifice or discipline for a greater cause, then this seems quite wrong, and may could say it IS quite good enough for Satan himself (after all, he doesn't care what you believe, as long as you do not Follow Christ). All RELIGIONS that I have listed AT least talk about GIVING to others, and even though I am a Christian, I do have respect for other religions, based on the fact that they usually greater good, and that ANY religion (even Christianity) can be misconstrued by a group of wrong people, teaching out of selfishness and taking things out of context.
I am just sick of hearing about The Secret! The Golden Rule makes sense, but really.........how feeble minded can we be?
I threw my cd's out of the window.

Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life; not a philosophy of life, but a living presence. -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know who you are,what you think, and I will always return the favor! Muah!!!

How about you follow me, and I follow you, and we can walk around in big circles?

Twitter Updates

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    The Soundtrack of ME....at the moment (actually this is me and Nicks soundtrack. Awwww)


    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones