Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I know,I know.............

Does anyone know anyone or have any "FRIENDS" who have Paranoid schizophrenia, or Bi-Polar (the reaaal deal)? Are these people able to have healthy lives, or are the destined to never have friends or normal relationships? I am not talking about your moody neighbor. I am talking about CLINICAL... IT really isnt for me. Geez, Id tell ya..I cant keep my own secrets,ya know!
Here are the definitions:

Paranoid schizophrenia
It means:
a form of schizophrenia characterized by delusions (of persecution or grandeur or jealousy); symptoms may include anger and anxiety and aloofness and doubts about gender identity; unlike other types of schizophrenia the patients are usually presentable and (if delusions are not acted on) may function in an apparently normal manner


Bipolar disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a category of mood disorders defined by the presence of one or more episodes of abnormally elevated mood clinically referred to as mania or, if milder, hypomania. Individuals who experience manic episodes also commonly experience depressive episodes or symptoms, or mixed episodes in which features of both mania and depression are present at the same time.


I have a friend who has BOTH (wow, its like once you get one chemical imbalance, its easier to catch another????? I have ADD and a lil anxiety, but can you imagine?)

This girl has everyone she has ever known dislike her, and has no idea why. She is on medication, but I honestly think she can not control some of the weird things she does (S.W.F behavior) and I would feel really bad for not being her friend because everyone else talks about her. IT's sad.

But what if she does something strange to me?

I dont know. If anyone knows anyone like this or has any advice to give, that'd be great!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl. I just finished my Psych rotation of clinical for nursing school & encountered people of this sort every Fridfay for 12h. Although it may seem like it...no they aren't destined to never have friends if they get it under control...we learned that paranoid schizophrenics of all the dif types have the best prognosis...there's like 4 dif types of schizophrenics. We also learned that once you have one mental illness...you're more susceptible to other(ex: substance abuse, etc to deal with their problems) but it doesn't mean you're doomed. As a therapist put it "these people are just struggling a little more than the rest of us." They reccommended medications (antipsychotics for schizos & mood stabilizers for bipolars) to get the brain neurotransmitters back in balance as long as they are med compliant & then consistent therapy. It's the therapy that will help the person over the long run to deal with their "struggles" more appropriately. I don't know from experience, but it seems like social workers/therapists can really relate & help these types of people out....and of course they'll have their good days & their bad days.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know who you are,what you think, and I will always return the favor! Muah!!!

How about you follow me, and I follow you, and we can walk around in big circles?

Twitter Updates

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    The Soundtrack of ME....at the moment (actually this is me and Nicks soundtrack. Awwww)


    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones