Thursday, February 5, 2009

Relevant Poem that I was just reminded of!!!




It is so nice to see something like a poem, that you had on the tip of your tongue for years, written out ,word for word,exactly as you wish you would have remembered it all those times you wanted to.


Mr.Brace had us memorize this poem in the 6th grade. I couldn't remember ALL of it. Just the line in BOLD. I think that one proved to be important later on in life. For it's own personal reasons.




Don't Quit


When things go wrong, as they sometimes will


When the road you're trudging seems all up hill


When the funds are low and the debts are high <-----How many of us know how that feels?


And you want to smile


but you have to sigh


When care is pressing you down a bit


Rest! if you must; but don't you quit!!!!
Life is queer with its twists and turns,


As everyone of us sometimes learns


And many a failure turns about


When he might have won had he stuck it out


Don't give up, though the pace seems slow;


You might succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than it seems


to a faint and faltering man,


Often the struggler has given up


When he might have captured the victor's cup.


And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,


How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out;


The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;


And you never can tell how close you are,


It may be near when it seems afar;


So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit;


It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Andrea and I are going to start memorizing this tonight!

1 comment:

Let me know who you are,what you think, and I will always return the favor! Muah!!!

How about you follow me, and I follow you, and we can walk around in big circles?

Twitter Updates

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    The Soundtrack of ME....at the moment (actually this is me and Nicks soundtrack. Awwww)


    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones